This 4th order Fresnel lens was removed from the Green Bay Harbor Entrance Lighthouse in 2013. Dated to 1880, it was used in another location before being installed in the Green Bay lighthouse in 1935. Currently displayed in the lobby of the Door County Maritime Museum on the Sturgeon campus, it will be moved to the top of the Maritime Tower upon completion to serve as a symbolic beacon for maritime heritage at the Door County Maritime Museum.
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017
A Day in the Light at Wisconsin’s Door County Maritime Museum
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024