Digest>Jan/Feb 2017

Photo Caption:

Great Point Lighthouse where Claire and Joe Bauser lived from 1953 to 1954. As mentioned in the story, the window over the front door was their “room with a view.” The keeper’s house no longer stands. After automation in the 1950s. It was boarded up. In 1966 an arsonist’s fire destroyed the keeper’s house. In 1984 the tower was completely destroyed in a storm. Using some of the material from the original tower, the lighthouse was rebuilt and rededicated on September 7, 1986. (Photo courtesy Claire Bauser.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017


Twice a Keeper’s Wife
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History