The 1903 Mary Island Lighthouse in Alaska, shown here, that was visited by Frederick P. Dillon no longer stands. It was torn down in 1937 and replaced by a concrete tower. (U.S. Lighthouse Service photo, Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2017
From the Commodore
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024