A view of both the old and the new Cape Henry Lighthouses. The old Cape Henry Lighthouse was built in 1792 and was in use until 1881 when it was replaced by the new Cape Henry Lighthouse. Coincidently, the old Cape Henry Lighthouse, owned by the Association for Preservation for Virginia Antiquities, also recently underwent some restoration work. In season, for a small fee, the old Cape Henry Lighthouse is open to the public for climbing.
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2017
Restoration at the Cape Henry Lighthouses
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024