Undated photo of Avery Rock Lighthouse in Machias Bay, Maine where Charles W. Allen was the keeper from 1913 to 1919, and where Elson Small was the keeper with his wife Connie from 1922 to 1926. The lighthouse was destroyed in a storm in 1946. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2017
Veteran Lighthouse Keeper Was Uncle to the First Lady of Light
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018