Digest>Sep/Oct 2017

Photo Caption:

Images of various bottles and packaging of Father John’s Medicine. The product was named by a Baltimore apothecary, whose pharmacists, in 1855, used their tonic composed of cod liver oil and licorice to treat a Catholic priest whose name was Father John O’Brien. It worked so well that the priest began recommending it to his friends who he told to ask for Father John’s medicine when they went to that drug store. So many people asked for it that the pharmacists created an official product named after the good Father. It is still being made today.
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2017

Story:

Lighthouse Keeper Braves Dangers of Storm Swept Sea
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2017

All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

Featured
Products

Subscribe
to Lighthouse Digest


USLHS Marker Fund


Lighthouse Jewelry


Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt












Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2018   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History