The Sea Girt Lighthouse as it appeared in 1945 after its lens was removed and replaced with a beacon mounted on top of the lantern’s cupola. During World War II, the Coast Guard used the lantern as a lookout post to watch for German submarines. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Sep/Oct 2017
Sea Girt Lighthouse Then and Now
All contents copyright © 1995-2019 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2019