This large duplex was built in 1907 for the lighthouse keepers and their families. The entrance to the left front is where Edward Herman and his wife Margaret lived at from 1907 to 1913. The other side is where head keeper, Thomas Joseph, resided. (Edward Herman Collection, courtesy of Rebecca Lawrence-Weden.)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024