By 1913 this duplex was completed for the assistant keepers of the Duluth Harbor Lighthouses. Each family had its own separate entrance. Prior to this, the assistant keepers were required to rent homes on their own. (Lighthouse Digest archives.)
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011
Duluth Harbor’s Breakwater Lighthouses
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024