Lighthouse keeper John N. Hanson in 1947 is shown polishing the glass prisms in the 2,400 pound candlepower Fresnel lens at the Duluth Harbor South Breakwater Outer Lighthouse, which exhibited a fixed green light.
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011
Duluth Harbor’s Breakwater Lighthouses
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024