Crooked River - The lighthouse was built as a replacement for Dog Island Lighthouse after it was lost in an 1873 hurricane. The lighthouse, owned by the City of Carrabelle is leased to the Carrabelle Lighthouse Association. The lighthouse has been restored. A replica of the keeper’s house has been built that now houses a museum and gift shop.
Back to the edition of: Mar/Apr 2011
The Spindly Lights of Florida
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024