This photo, taken by lighthouse keeper James T. Allison, shows a pile of bricks that was removed from the inner lining of the cast-iron Chatham Light north tower, after it was taken down and moved to Eastham, Massachusetts, in 1923. The wood entry building shown here was later demolished.
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2023
All contents copyright © 1995-2023 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2023