Known from the time of its construction in 1858 as the Shoalwater Lighthouse, guarding the entrance to nearby Shoalwater Bay, by 1892 the name had been changed to Willapa Bay after the Indian tribe who lived on the lands surrounding it. (Courtesy Westport Maritime Museum)
Back to the edition of: May/Jun 2023
A Day in the Life of Rasmus Petersen: The Willapa Bay Years
All contents copyright © 1995-2023 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2023