Digest>Jan/Feb 2016

Photo Caption:

This view shows the entire Trinidad Lighthouse Station as it once appeared. In the 1960s the U. S. Coast Guard demolished the large keeper’s house and replaced it with a triplex that looked like a nondescript apartment building. In 1949 a replica of the lighthouse, called the Trinidad Memorial Lighthouse, was built in the town of Trinidad. In the 1940s the Coast Guard removed the Fresnel lens from the original lighthouse and it was placed on display in the replica tower in Trinidad. When the fog bell was removed from the original lighthouse site, it was also moved and is now on display by the Trinidad Memorial Lighthouse. On May 16, 2014 the ownership of the original 1871 Trinidad Lighthouse and its surrounding property and buildings was transferred to the Bureau of Land Management.
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

Story:

200-Foot High Wave Strikes Trinidad Head Lighthouse
Back to the edition of: Jan/Feb 2016

All contents copyright © 1995-2019 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

Featured
Products

Subscribe
to Lighthouse Digest


USLHS Marker Fund


Lighthouse Jewelry


Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt












Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2019   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History