Digest>March 2005

Photo Caption:

New Brunswick's first light station was built on Partridge Island in 1791 and was destroyed by fire in 1832. The second tower shown here in 1856 was built in 1832 and lasted until 1880. In 1911 the height of the third tower was raised five meters. The third tower was torn down in 1959 and replaced by the tower that remains there today. Photograph courtesy of the New Brunswick Museum.
Back to the edition of: March 2005


Robert Foulis
Back to the edition of: March 2005

All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.

to Lighthouse Digest

USLHS Marker Fund

Lighthouse History
Research Institute

Shop Online

Subscribe   Contact Us   About Us   Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024   Lighthouse Facts     Lighthouse History