Alaska’s original Scotch Cap Lighthouse was built in 1903 and lasted until 1940. Scotch Cap, on the southwest corner of Unimak Island, marks the entrance to Unimak Pass, the main route to and from the Bering Sea and Artic Ocean. The original Scotch Cap lighthouse shown here was constructed in 1903 with a third order Fresnel lens flashing its beam 90 feet above sea level.
Back to the edition of: March 2005
Tsunami at Scotch Cap
All contents copyright © 1995-2019 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse Service Sweatshirt
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2019