The Coast Guard Cutter Abbie Burgess lowers a small boat into the water in support of an archaeological survey dive around Minot’s Ledge Lighthouse in search of the remains of the first Minot’s Lighthouse that was destroyed in a storm in 1851.
Back to the edition of: December 2007
Sunken History Revealed
All contents copyright © 1995-2024 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.
Subscribe to Lighthouse Digest
USLHS Marker Fund
Lighthouse History Research Institute
Copyright Foghorn Publishing, 1994- 2024