Members of Florida’s St. Marks National Wildlife Photo Club and park rangers recently created a small platform to provide visitors a better access area to take photographs of the wildlife and the lighthouse.
The St. Marks Lighthouse tower was built in 1842 to replace an earlier 1831tower. The lighthouse is located at the entrance to the St. Marks River in Florida’s St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.
This story appeared in the
December 2010 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.