The new and the old towers of the La Marte Lighthouse on the St. Lawrence River, Gaspe Peninsula, east of Sainte-Anne-des Monts in La Martre, Quebec, Canada. It is also known as Rivière à la Martre and La Martre de Gaspé. Obviously the old 1878 tower no longer stands, but the new one, built in 1908, still does and is now painted red. There is a welcome center and a gift shop at the site.
This story appeared in the
Jul/Aug 2014 edition of Lighthouse Digest Magazine. The print edition contains more stories than our internet edition, and each story generally contains more photographs - often many more - in the print edition. For subscription information about the print edition, click here.
All contents copyright © 1995-2018 by Lighthouse Digest®, Inc. No story, photograph, or any other item on this website may be reprinted or reproduced without the express permission of Lighthouse Digest. For contact information, click here.