Canadian Coast Guard
This lighthouse replaced a 1930 lighthouse that now serves as a Nova Scotia Lighthouse Interpretive Centre.
Tower Height: 33
Height of Focal Plane: 67
Characteristic and Range: Iso W 8s, visible for 12 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, square concrete tower with red lantern.
This light is operational
1901: Square pyramidal tower; 1930: Square tower on roof of dwelling (still standing).
Date Established: 1901
Date Present Tower Built: 1962
Date Automated: 1988
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse/interpretive center is approximately 30 minutes from historic Sherbrooke Village. On the Marine Drive, Route No. 211, at Port Bickerton turn left at the stop sign and follow the signs to the lighthouse. Coming from the East, follow Marine Drive (Route 316) to the Country Harbour Ferry. Drive Route 211 to Port Bickerton and turn left at the stop sign.
Keepers: Theodore O'Hara (1901-1931), Calvin Kaiser (1932-1937), Harvey Taylor (1937-1940), Irvin Beiswanger (1940-1956), Harold Beiswanger (1956-1961), Fred Budge (1960-1977), Lamont Lovitt (1977-1982), Hector Lowe (1983-1988)