Canadian Coast Guard
Tower Height: 48
Height of Focal Plane: 55
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 15 seconds.
Description of Tower: White square tower attached to fog signal building, with red lantern.
This light is operational
Duplex dwelling (1963).
1815: 60-foot octagonal wooden tower with red and white bands. 1883: White, square wooden tower attached to dwelling. 1971: Steel skeleton tower (moved to Jeddore Rock).
Date Established: 1815
Date Present Tower Built: 1978
Date Automated: 1986
Fog Signal: Two horns, blast every 60 seconds.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Accessible by boat only; the lighthouse can be seen from near the hospital on Union Street in Canso.
Keepers: Ralph Allison Armsworthy (?), Havelock Cohoon (?), Jerry Armsworthy (?-1986?)