Maritime New Zealand
Cape Campbell was named by Captain James Cook for Captain John Campbell, who was responsible for important advances in navigation instruments.
Tower Height: 72
Height of Focal Plane: 154
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 15 seconds, visible for 27 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Conical cast iron tower with horizontal black and white stripes.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1870
Date Present Tower Built: 1905
Date Automated: 1986
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Keepers: Alexander Greenlees McKinlay (assistant, 1872-1874), ? Creamer (1915-1919)