The first keeper of Coquet lighthouse was William Darling, older brother of the famous heroine Grace Darling.
Description of Tower: Square sandstone tower, upper part white.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1841
Date Present Tower Built: 1841
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
For information on puffin-watching cruises to Coquet Island, contact Dave Gray Boat Trips, 2 Broomhill, Amble-by-the-Sea, Morpeth. Telephone: 01665 711975
Keepers: William Darling (1841-?)