New Zealand Historic Places Trust/Port Nelson Ltd.
This lighthouse was replaced by a nearby automatic beacon in 1982.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal cast iron tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1862
Date Present Tower Built: 1862
Date Deactivated: 1982
Date Automated: 1915
Current Use: Historic structure.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
The lighthouse is accessible by arrangement with Port Nelson Ltd. The key may be picked up at their office on Low Street.
Keepers: William Edward Cross (1862-?), John Kidson (? - was keeper for 27 years), John Frederick Rayner (November 1906 to April 1909)