This lighthouse was built on a small peninsula or sand bar. A storm in 1888 turned the bar into an island. The lighthouse was damaged in an 1894 storm and discontinued. Today the ruins of Fort Tyler can be seen on the island.
Height of Focal Plane: 30
Description of Tower: Cylindrical tower attached to keeper's dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1855
Date Deactivated: 1894
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Jonathan A. Miller (?-1894)