The State of New York replaced this lighthouse with a skeleton tower in the 1940s. The skeleton tower was discontinued in 1984.
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white, red and green.
Description of Tower: 1870: Octagonal wooden tower. 1907: Octagonal concrete tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: c. 1827
Date Deactivated: 1940s
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: William F. Lain (caretaker)