This lighthouse was replaced by a skeleton tower in 1943. There was also a second lighthouse for a time, a range light at the south end of the pier.
Description of Tower: Square pyramidal tower at end of pier.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1872
Date Deactivated: 1943
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Andrew R. Crossier (1872-1887), Theodore Vought (1887-1908), Michael Fitzpatrick (1908-1929), Ralph B. Scobie, (1929-1941), Osgar K. Elmer (1941-1943)