This lighthouse was replaced by a nearby steel tower in 1980. The dwelling was removed by 1989.
Description of Tower: White pyramidal concrete tower with flying buttresses; the lantern has been removed.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1871
Date Present Tower Built: 1912
Date Deactivated: c. 1980
Date Automated: 1963
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? No.
For information on travelling to Anticosti Island and its lighthouses, contact Sépaq Anticosti, 801 chemin St-Louis, Suite 125, Québec City QC, G1S 1C1, Canada; phone: 800-463-0863 (toll free in Quebec), or 418-890-0863; web: www.sepaq.com. See also www.safarianticosti.com/en/accueil_en.html
Keepers: David Têtu (1870-1880); William Carter (1880-1888); Jean Nadeau (1888-1893); Alphonse Nadeau (1894); Joseph Delisle; Thomas Doyles; Paul Albert Ferguson (1956); Gustave Guay (1957-1958); Lionel Dupuis (1959-1961); Armand Lafrance (1961-1963).