This lighthouse was replaced by a modern automatic beacon on the old foundation.
Height of Focal Plane: 42
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 30 seconds.
Description of Tower: Lantern on white, hexagonal cottage on iron screwpile foundation.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1880
Date Present Tower Built: 1880
Date Deactivated: c. 1950s
Optics: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: James Wilson Gillikin (1888); Captain Benjamin Fenner Cox (1900-1926), Benjamin Williams (assistant 1900-1904), Fred Kemp (assistant 1905-?)