This lighthouse was supposed to be a pyramidal iron skeletal tower with enclosed keeper's quarters near the base. In 1873, after $97,000 had been spent, the project was abandoned due to rough weather at the site, and the lighthouse was never finished. Some of the materials were used instead to build the South Pass Lighthouse. The remains are now underwater.
This light is not operational
Current Use: Never completed.