These lighthouses were the second pair of range lights to be erected on Spectacle Island -- the first were the Spectacle Island Range Lights in 1897. None of the buildings from the lighthouse station remain; today the island has been transformed into a public park.
Height of Focal Plane: 70
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red (1931)
Description of Tower: White, conical wooden tower with black cast iron lantern.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1903
Date Deactivated: c. 1950s
Current Use: Destroyed.
These range lights no longer exist, but Spectacle Island can be seen from many cruises in the Boston area.
Keepers: Winfield Creed (c. 1906-1926), John Lelan Hart (1926-1938), ? Jaspers (c. 1941).