This lighthouse was apparently destroyed by erosion. As of February 2002 there are plans in the works to reconstruct it as the centerpiece for a park in New Buffalo.
Description of Tower: Conical tower.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1839
Date Deactivated: 1859
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Thomas S. Smith (1840-1841), Elijah B. Pressey (1841-1845), Reuben Smith (1845-1849), Joseph W. Miller (1849-1853) Reuben W. Smith (1853-1859?)