This lighthouse was replaced by a skeleton tower.
Tower Height: 57
Height of Focal Plane: 51
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 20 seconds, visible for 12 miles
Description of Tower: White, square, pyramidal wooden tower with a red polygonal lantern, rising from the front of a white, rectangular dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1885
Date Deactivated: c. 1965-70
Date Automated: 1959
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Captain John McKay, (1885-1895); Walter Knight (30 years)