The lighthouse was a wood A-frame dwelling with two lanterns that were displayed from windows at the east and west peaks of the structure. One light was fixed white, the other fixed red. In 1928 a single acetylene light on a skeleton tower next to the dwelling replaced the two earlier lights. The dwelling was destroyed in 1970; today only the oil house remains.
Height of Focal Plane: 44
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1887
Date Deactivated: 1928
Optics: Tubular lanterns.
Fog Signal: 1887: Fog bell and striking apparatus.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: Frederick Purinton (or Purington) (1887-1894), Edward Sherman (1894), Adolph Obman (1894-1901), Thomas M. Nelson (1901-1903), George H. Porter (1903-1909), O. F. Kirby (1909-?), Joseph O. Bouley (1912-?), John (Jack) Larsen (1915-1923), Alfred Auger (1924-1926), George Denton, Jr. (c. 1927-?), James Gallen (c. 1930-1931), Michael Daley (?)