Castle Pinckney was originally a British fort (1780 - 1781). Confederates occupied the fort from December 1860 to February 1865. It is the only round-sided fort left in North America. It also served as a lighthouse depot 1890-1917.
Description of Tower: 1855: Yellow tower, light 50 feet above water. 1880: new tower. 1890: new tower, destroyed 1938.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1855
Date Deactivated: 1917
Current Use: Destroyed.