This lighthouse was out of position after changes to the shipping channel in the late 1800s, so it was replaced by the new Redfish Bar Cut Lighthouse in 1900. A lens-lantern remained in service at the site for some years for the benefit of schooners that still used the old channel.
Description of Tower: 1854: Lantern on roof of cottage-style screwpile structure, destroyed in Civil War, 1868: New screwpile lighthouse.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1854
Date Deactivated: 1900
Optics: 1868: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Destroyed.
Keepers: John W. Lytle (1854-?)