This lighthouse was built by Sultan Mohammed III. Britain, France, Italy and Spain paid to maintain it until Moroccan independence in 1956.
Tower Height: 79
Height of Focal Plane: 312
Characteristic and Range: Four white flashes every 20 seconds, range 30 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Square yellow masonry tower.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1864
Date Present Tower Built: 1864
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.