Canadian Coast Guard
The lighthouse here had two lights, 42 feet apart vertically. The data for the "earlier tower" provided here refers to the upper light. The lower light, equipped with a seventh order lens, was shown from a bay window on the lower floor of the building, at a focal height of 95 feet, and had a nominal range of 15 miles. The lighthouse has been replaced by a mast.
Tower Height: 20
Height of Focal Plane: 82
Characteristic and Range: Two second white flash alternating with 10 seconds darkness.
Description of Tower: Triangular skeleton mast.
This light is operational
1889: White, square, wooden tower with a red iron lantern, dwelling attached; 56 feet tall, focal plane 137 feet.
Date Established: 1889
Date Present Tower Built: ?
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Keepers: James J. Timmons (wife Maggie), David Wilkie (wife Margarett Timmons Wilkie)