The lighthouse became the rear light of the Cardigan River Range in 1926, with the front light being shown from a mast on the ferry wharf on the south side of the river. The range was replaced in 1967 by the Cardigan River Directional Light, which was discontinued in the late 1970s or early 1980s.
Description of Tower: 1883: White, square, wooden tower, 32 feet tall. 1967: White tower, 29 feet tall.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1883
Date Deactivated: c. 1980
Current Use: Unknown.