Royal Danish Administration of Navigation and Hydrography
This lighthouse was built when Als was under German control (the island became Danish in 1920).
Tower Height: 36
Height of Focal Plane: 65
Characteristic and Range: Occulting three times every 15 seconds; range 14 (white) and 10 (red and green sectors) nautical miles.
Description of Tower: White, cylindrical cast iron tower with a horizontal red band, copper roof.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1906
Date Present Tower Built: 1906
Date Automated: 1975
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!