Estonian Maritime Administration
From 1858 to 1950, a lightship named Revalstein (sometimes spelled Revelstein) was stationed here, with at least three different vessels taking position in succession. In 1950, a buoy replaced the last ship. Although construction of the current lighthouse began in 1960, wave action and storms damaged the foundation and structure, and it was only in 1969 that the lighthouse became operational.
Tower Height: 102
Height of Focal Plane: 95
Characteristic and Range: Two white flashes every 15 seconds, visible for 10 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Red, round metal tower on a black base, with a yellow top.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1858
Date Present Tower Built: 1970
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.