Canadian Coast Guard
The original 1908 light consisted of a white, octagonal iron lantern set on the pier, showing the light at 31 feet above water. A secondary light, also fixed green, visible for 6 miles, is currently listed for this structure.
Tower Height: 20
Height of Focal Plane: 55
Characteristic and Range: Fixed green light, visible for 17 nautical miles.
Description of Tower: Light on a metal platform on two cylindrical masts, with a black stripe on a red slatted daymark, on a square concrete pier.
This light is operational
1844: White, octagonal wooden tower (moved 1879). 1879: White, octagonal wooden tower; 18 feet tall.
Date Established: 1844
Date Present Tower Built: 1908
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.