U.S. Coast Guard
This lighthouse was built in 1877 and was originally in Vermilion, Ohio. It was removed after an ice storm in 1929, and was moved to its present location in 1935 after some modification.
Height of Focal Plane: 52
Description of Tower: Octagonal cast iron tower, on concrete and cast iron caisson.
This light is operational
Date Established: 1935
Date Present Tower Built: 1877
Optics: 1935: Fifth order Fresnel lens; 1992: modern optic.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Accessible by boat only.