This lighthouse was replaced by a modern steel tower in 1959. Abandoned, it has fallen into poor condition.
Tower Height: 36
Height of Focal Plane: 36
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red, visible for 7 miles.
Description of Tower: Pyramidal wooden tower (lantern removed) attached to dwelling.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1881
Date Present Tower Built: 1881
Date Deactivated: 1959
Date Automated: 1941
Optics: Fourth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Abandoned.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse is near the end of CR-13 in Milford, and access by car on the small rocky road to the lighthouse is difficult.
Keepers: D. McIntosh (1881-1903), M. Vorce (1903-1911), Wait Hudgin (Walt Hudgin ?) (1911-1926), William J. Ostrander (1927-1941)