The fort was built on a large pile structure in the harbor at Calais in 1695 to protect the town against attacks from England. A light was installed on the fort in 1772. The fort was demolished in 1864, and the light was replaced by the new Jetée Est lighthouse.
Height of Focal Plane: 33
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red, visible for 10 miles.
Description of Tower: Lantern on a fort built on a wooden pile structure.
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1772
Date Deactivated: 1864
Current Use: Destroyed.