Canadian Coast Guard
Contact Address Information:
43 Church St., Suite 707
The island, other than the light station, is privately owned.
Tower Height: 85
Height of Focal Plane: 108
Characteristic and Range: Flashing white every 3 seconds, visible for 17 miles.
Description of Tower: White, octagonal concrete tower.
This light is operational
1931 keeper's house.
1877: 54-foot white, square pyramidal tower with a red, polygonal iron lantern; dwelling attached.
Date Established: 1877
Date Present Tower Built: 1918
Optics: 1877: 6 lamps with 22
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? No.
Keepers: William Purvis (1877-1897); John Purvis (1898-1911); Norman R. Smith (1912-1919); William Boyle (1919-1930); William Rumley (1931-1936 and 1945-1947); Frank Fowler (1937- c. 1944); Bob Leeson (1948-1949); John D. Grant (1950); Frank Rourke (1959-1965); Alex Purvis (?); Jim Rumley (1972); Robert Nelder (1972); Joe Thibault (1972); Douglas Clow (1982-1989)