The city of Colón was originally named Aspinwall, after William H. Aspinwall, one of the founders of the Panama Railway Company. The company maintained this lighthouse.
Height of Focal Plane: 60
Description of Tower: White, square pyramidal skeleton tower on a concrete base; rectangular dwelling added later (circa 1883?).
This light is not operational
Date Established: 1852
Date Deactivated: 1914?
Current Use: Destroyed.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!