Cape Decision Lighthouse Society
Contact Address Information:
This was the last lighthouse station established in Alaska. The station was leased by U.S. Coast Guard to the Cape Decision Lighthouse Society in April 1997, and the Society obtained ownership in 2004.
Tower Height: 76
Height of Focal Plane: 96
Characteristic and Range: White flash every 5 seconds.
This light is operational
One story Art Deco concrete keeper's quarters integral to tower, fire damaged tramway, boathouse, hoist house, wooden paint shed with tin roof.
Date Established: March 15, 1932
Date Present Tower Built: 1929-1932
Date Automated: 1974
Optics: 1932: Third order Fresnel lens; 1974: DCB-24; 1996: VEGA VRB-25, solar powered. Original Fresnel lens now in Clausen Museum, 203 Fram Street, Petersburg, Alaska; Email: Cmm@alaska.net; Phone: (907) 772-3598.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Yes.
Boat and float plane access only.
Mapquest URL: Click here to get a map to this lighthouse!
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Books or Related Products: