U.S. Coast Guard
This active lighthouse is within Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The keeper’s house is the headquarters for the Coast Guard Station Munising.
Tower Height: 58
Height of Focal Plane: 79
Characteristic and Range: Fixed red light.
Description of Tower: White, conical steel tower.
This light is operational
Two-story brick keeper's house, brick oil house.
Date Established: 1908
Date Present Tower Built: 1908
Optics: Now modern red acrylic lens.
Current Use: Active aid to navigation.
Open To Public? Grounds only.
This lighthouse is at the junction of MI 28 and Hemlock Street in Munising. It can be seen from the boat tours offered from Memorial Day weekend to Columbus Day weekend by Pictured Rocks Cruises, P.O. Box 355, Munising, Michigan 49862. Phone (906) 387-2379. Email: email@example.com. See www.exploringthenorth.com/picturedrocks/cruise.html
Nearby Lodging: Camping is available in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. Call 906-387-3700 for information.