Description of Tower: White, square brick tower attached to keeper's house.
This light is not operational
1.5 story wood frame keeper's house.
Date Established: 1857
Date Present Tower Built: 1857
Date Deactivated: 1908
Optics: 1857: Sixth order Fresnel lens.
Current Use: Private residence.
Open To Public? No.
This lighthouse can be seen from the main road through Eagle River, but the station is closed to the public.
Listed on the
National Register of Historic Places
Keepers: For a list of the keepers of this lighthouse, see www.terrypepper.com/lights/superior/eagleriver/keepers.htm